The Emergency Educational Grant program provides financial assistance to children of deceased or totally disabled Elks, who wish to obtain or further their college education.
Grant amounts are based on the information submitted in the application and can range up to $4,000. The grant is for one year only; however, the student may submit up to three annual renewal applications for succeeding years as long as he or she meets all other eligibility requirements. The applicant cannot accept more than one ENF scholarship/grant in any one academic year.
New and renewal applications should be filed between May 1 and October 31. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. The grant is for educational assistance only and not intended to cover the entire cost of a college education. Assistance cannot be extended beyond four years.
Before applying, please be sure that the applicant meets the following eligibility guidelines.
- The Elk parent or stepparent must have been a member in good standing for at least one year at the time of his or her death.
- The Elk parent or stepparent must have been a member in good standing for at least one year before he or she became totally disabled and must continue to be an Elk in good standing when application for assistance is made.
- All circumstances surrounding the death or disability of the Elk parent or stepparent are subject to the review of the Elks National Foundation. The outcome of the review may effect grant approval.
- The applicant must demonstrate financial need to qualify for a grant under this program.
- The applicant must be unmarried, under the age of 23 as of Dec. 31 in the year of application, and attending an accredited U.S. institution of higher learning as a full-time (12 semester hours) student.
All applications—new and renewal—must be submitted to the Elks National Foundation Scholarship Office in Chicago. Upon receipt of the application, our office will contact the parent’s or step-parent’s Elks Lodge to verify membership information.
If you or someone you know qualifies for the Emergency Educational Grant, please contact the Elks National Foundation Scholarship Office in Chicago to request a copy of the application. Please call 773/755-4732 or email email@example.com to request an application